HOLLYWOOD INVITATIONAL NATIONAL FINALS
OUR NATIONAL FINALS INCLUDES:
- NATIONAL FINALS IN CONJUNCTION WITH HOLLYWOOD VIBE
- OVER $50,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES AWARDED
- 3 DAYS OF MASTER CLASSES FROM HOLLYWOOD DANCE JAMZ & HOLLYWOOD VIBE FACULTY
- MULTIPLE SCHOLARSHIPS AND COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
- HOLLYWOOD DANCE JAMZ & HOLLYWOOD VIBE DANCERS OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- DJ COMPANY AUDITIONS & VIBE COMPANY AUDITIONS
- THEME PARK AND CRUISE SHIP CASTING OPPORTUNITIES
- CLOSING NIGHT GALA SHOW & FINAL AWARDS
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2022 NATIONAL DANCERS OF THE YEAR
DANCER OF THE YEAR INFORMATION
- Dancers who were selected as a I AM THE JAM or Regional Scholarship Winner in a regional city are invited to compete for the title of National Dancer of the Year for Hollywood Dance Jamz.
- Contestants must perform 1 Solo in the Dancer of the Year competition
- Dancer of the Year contestants can compete 2 solos, 1 for Dancer of the Year competition and 1 for National Finals Competition. You can also compete the same solo in Dancer of the Year competition as in National Finals Competition. Dancer of the Year Solos are not considered for Overall Awards but are strictly viewed for the consideration of Dancer of the year. Dancer of the Year solos do not need to have pre-qualified at a regional event.
- Dancer of the Year Finalist must pay entrance fee of $395 which includes Dancer of the Year Solo, HDJ Attire, Costuming, and General Admission Gala Ticket for the Dancer. Ability to upgrade ticket to dinner will be available.
- This award is based on dancers work in the workshop as well as their performance in the competition.
- Eligible Dancers can go for either Hollywood Dance Jamz Dancer of the Year or Hollywood Vibe Dancer of the Year (based on qualifications for both events) but not for both in the Orlando Location.
- At the Closing Night Gala, we will announce the Top Dancer of the Year Contestants. The Top 3 will then be announced where they will Dance Off during the Closing Night Gala Show. Winners are announced in Show!
- Dancer of the Year Contestants do not need to have a registered teacher with them to enter the Dancer of the Year Competition. They do need to receive permission from the studio they qualified with and register under that Studio Name. They can not register under “independent” if they received the scholarship under studio name.
NATIONAL DANCER OF THE YEAR WINNERS MUST COMMIT TO ASSISTING AT LEAST 2 HOLLYWOOD DANCE JAMZ WEEKENDS IN THE 2022-2023 SEASON AND MUST BE PRESENT AT THE 2023 NATIONAL FINALS!
Dancer of the Year Criteria:
|Dancer of the Year Solo||33% of total weighted score|
|Class Etiquette & Participation||33% of total weighted score|
|Audition||33% of total weighted score|
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2022 BATTLE OF THE STARS WINNERS
Battle of the Stars Information
- Top Scoring Groups from each age division will be selected to Dance Off at the Closing Night Gala for their Age Groups.
- Winners will be announced at the Closing Night Gala
- Limit of 1 studio per age group in the Dance Off.
- Dancers who want to watch the show and Dinner must purchase a Gala Ticket.
Closing Night Gala Information
- A perfect way to wrap up a Fantastic season Hollywood Style!!
- This wonderful Gala will feature Faculty Show with Dancer of the Year Dance Off, Battle of the Stars Dance Off, & Special Guest Performances.
- Battle of the Star Winners, National DOTY Winners, and Additional Winners will be announced!
- Purchase your tickets in Advance because this event does Sell Out! Seating will be limited due to Restrictions.
- Any Dancer who wants to attend must purchase a gala ticket
- VIP Ticket will include Buffet Dinner, Assigned Seating & Show. Price TBD
- General Ticket will include Show & Open Seating. Price TBD
- Tickets will go on Sale thru EventBrite prior to the event. For those purchasing VIP Tickets, you will not need to select a seat. We will assign seating grouping Studios together
2022 Hollywood Invitationals Tentative Schedule- Updated 5/24
|June 27th||Dancer of the Year Rehearsals & DOTY Competition|
|June 28th||Classes 8:00am-11:00am + Mini Division Competition/Jr Groups/Inter, Tn, Sr Solos|
|June 29th||Classes 8:00am-2:00pm + Teen Groups + Jr Solos/Jr Duo/Trio Competition|
|June 30th||Classes 8:00am-2:00pm + Intermediate & Senior Group Competition|
|July 1st|| |
Classes 8:00am-10:30am+ Scholarship Finale 11:00-1:00 + Closing Night Gala 5:00pm
* All Days and Times are estimated. Final Schedules are released two weeks prior to the event
2023 NATIONAL FINALS PRICING
|3-DAY DANCE CONVENTION PRICING |
Registration Must Be Submitted by MAY 13TH
50% Deposit Due: MAY 27TH
Final Payment Due: JUNE 13TH
|Early Registration |
Registered 45 Days Prior
|Minis (3 half-days, 5-7)||$270||$285|
|Asst Teachers (21 & under)||$395||$410|
|Teacher / Studio Owners||$395||$410|
2023 NATIONAL FINALS PRICING
|NATIONAL FINALS COMPETITION FEES|
|Solos – 2:30 Time Limit |
(Limit of 1 Solo Per Dancer for Competition)
|Duos/Trios – 3:00 Time Limit||$85 per dancer|
|Small Groups (4-9 dancers) – 3:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Large Groups (10-15 dancers) – 4:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Line (16-24 dancers) – 4:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Productions (25+ dancers) – 6:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
For 2023 National Finals, Pre-qualification will be done by video submission!
Solos Do Not Need to Pre-Qualify. SEE TOP OF PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
Must be Submitted by MAY 13TH
For Dancers attending on an “I AM THE JAM” or ‘NATIONAL FINALS’ Scholarship, you must stay at the host hotel during the duration of the event for Scholarship to be Valid.
* Dancer of the Year Solos are strictly viewed for Dancer of the Year and not for Overall Placement.
* Ages are as of Jan. 1, 2023.
* Categories, Time Limits, etc. are the same as the Regional Events